Directs and coordinates activities concerned with all facets of constructing and commissioning Photovoltaic systems, working with Account Executive, Engineering and Field Services Team to bring the project in on time and on budget by performing the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Account Executives.
- Manages the execution of assigned projects by maintaining excellent communication with client peers, proactively managing for milestone completion, anticipating and eliminating problem areas, and ensuring coordination between subcontractors, equipment suppliers, and commissioning personnel. Managers are not authorized to operate any tools or perform installation work without permission in writing from the EVP/COO.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize needs.
- Assist in developing and then monitoring all project scheduling, including deliveries and milestones for construction.
- Ensure that documentation required for invoicing is accurate and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Find, screen, and develop relationships with local subcontractors in the area of project location.
- Consults and reviews with engineering relative to modifications and/or revisions of project design standards and specifications. Verification and follow up.
- Conducts and facilitates project review meetings and distributes meeting minutes, weekly site updates and other reports.
- Takes the lead role in developing site specific safety plans and auditing for conformance to those plans.
- Facilitates and validates contract change orders.
Non-daily oversight of subcontractor performance. Audit of subcontractor compliance with policies and procedures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates value-added improvements/alternatives where possible; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Four-year degree (B.S.) from a four-year College or Technical School; or five to seven years of related experience in construction and project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PMP Certification preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software; spreadsheet software, word processing software and scheduling software experience (highly preferred).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- PMP Certification
- 30-hour OSHA Hazard Recognition Certification (desirable)
- Electrician or electrical contractor’s license (desirable)
First Aid and CPR qualified
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee’s time is roughly split between a normal office environment and project sites. The photovoltaic project sites by their nature are outdoor sites. The employee is occasionally required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment on project site visits.
Regular travel for project management and support is expected. Final photovoltaic system commissioning may warrant extended work depending on the available outage/cutover times of the client and the degree of support/supervision required. Occasional travel for non-project activity is also occasionally anticipated.