Our client is seeking their next great Maintenance Leader for their operational location in Northeastern, NC. Please read the following information in its entirety prior to applying. This is a direct-hire, permanent placement opportunity that is salaried (dependent on experience) with an annual 10% bonus.
Our client combines earth’s oldest renewable energy source with 21st Century technology to make wood pellets — a sustainable, cost-efficient and essential complement to wind and solar power. According to experts, generating electricity with wood pellets instead of coal reduces greenhouse gas emissions by about 80 percent. And wood pellets can provide uninterrupted power at any time, at large scale and at comparatively low cost.
They were founded in 2004 with a clear purpose in mind: We wanted to develop a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Today, we are the world’s largest wood pellet producer, with the capacity to make more than 2 million tons in 2016. They manufacture pellets at six facilities in the American South and supply them to electric utilities in the United Kingdom and Europe.
They are bringing badly needed economic growth to rural communities across the South, creating hundreds of new jobs and pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into the Southern economy. We produce wood pellets with sustainable practices that protect Southern forests. And wood pellets reliably produce electricity at power plants across Europe, regardless of whether the wind is blowing or the sun is shining.
Making more than just wood pellets, they work for healthy emissions, stronger forests and great communities.
• Plans, develops, and implements maintenance methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets.
• Partners with manufacturing teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives.
• Provides technical expertise to increase the number of zero breakdown machines, reduce breakdown re-occurrences, and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF).
• Coordinates processes to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders.
• Supports the 8 TPM pillars with technical resources and coaching to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Coordinates the Effective Maintenance (EM) pillar resources to deliver reliable maintenance processes including: 5S, Visual Factory and spare parts inventories for all new and existing equipment as well as equipment modifications.
• Drives improvements during equipment changes to deliver new procedures, breakdown reduction, root cause analysis, as well as risks and hazards.
• Maintains an integrated maintenance master plan utilizing quantitative information consistent with business goals.
• Provides coordination of support services for machining, welding, electrical and miscellaneous contracted services.
• Implements other support pillars to comply with safety, good housekeeping, quality and related regulatory requirements.
• Willing to work outside, some lifting may be required; heat and dust can be part of the environment.
• Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering is preferred
• Five years' of supervisory experience, delivering reliability improvements in a fast changing manufacturing environment.
• Must have experience managing maintenance teams and supporting autonomous manufacturing teams as they deliver continuous improvements.
• Experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Pillars - Autonomous and Effective Maintenance in a process environment is preferred.
• Must have applied working knowledge of time, condition and predictive based maintenance processes. • Must have experience managing P.M. (Preventative Maintenance) practices.
• Proven track record coaching, mentoring, and motivating and managing employees' skills development.
• Demonstrated experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems, utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes.
• Experience setting business targets to drive and sustain continuous loss reductions is required.
• Experience with shop floor/information systems (i.e. PC, PLC, and/or Robotics) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Analytical Process Mapping is preferred. • Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
Please don't hesitate to apply, as this position will be filled quickly!
maintenance, manager, engineer, plant, engineering, mechanical, design, biomass, pellets, energy, oil, gas, plc, robotics, predictive, tpm, lean, biomass, fuel, fuels, energy, renewable, wood, mill, automotive