Our client owns and operates a fleet of power plants located in various locations around the US. They have a current need for an experienced IC&E (Instrumentation Control & Electrical) Technician at their plant located in central CA.
Title: Instrument Control & Electrical (IC&E) Technician (non-exempt)
Location: Byron, CA
Basic Function: Operate, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair plant
instrumentation, control devices and electrical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Takes personal responsibility to incorporate safe behavior into all activities and
consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures,
helps to identify, and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
2. Operate generation units (Gas Turbine Generator) and associated auxiliary
equipment in accordance with local permits and procedures as directed by a dispatch
3. Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical switchgear, process
controls, transmitters, gauges and other instrumentation and control equipment in
accordance with plant and vendor procedures. Receive, unload and correctly store parts
and supplies in the plant.
4. Maintain, calibrate, troubleshot and repair plant IC&E devices
5. Perform routine trouble shooting activities.
6. Assist in developing PM procedures
7. Implement plant improvements and modifications as assigned.
8. Work within and ensure strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures.
9. Work overtime and call outs on an as-needed basis.
10.Provide documentation of work performed, supplies used, and other items that will be
required to plan and control maintenance activities. Prepare records and reports as
11.Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean safe work environment and
12.Perform other tasks as directed by the Plant Management.
1. High school graduate or equivalent, and trade school, related military service
training programs, or technical training school programs. Additional professional
2. Minimum of five years of control electronics experience in power generation
facilities or process plants. Additional experience with machinery repair and control
3. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical
inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability
to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
4. Must have knowledge of Digital Computer Control Systems modifications, PLC
programming, Visual Basic logic development and editing, plant integrated data
acquisition and storage programming and monitoring, and ability to use and modify
computer programs. Must have a thorough knowledge of electrical circuits and
machines and capable of working on low and high voltage switchgear. Must have a
thorough knowledge of instrumentation and controls for gas turbine. Must be able to
troubleshoot and diagnose problems in systems, read and interpret blueprints, P&ID’s,
equipment specifications, and vendor service manuals. Ability to understand, develop
and/or complete records and reports as required.
5. Ability to speak effectively and communicate with plant personnel, vendors,
contractors, and technical support personnel.
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
7. Must know the hazards involved and the safety precautions to be practiced in the
maintenance of power plant equipment and machinery. Work within and insure strict
adherence to all safety procedures.
8. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
9. Ability to produce written procedures for inclusion into the DGC-Ops procedure
10.Must be able to respond to audio alarms and variations of sound.
11.Must have a valid driver’s license.