Our client operates a new power plant located near Middletown, NY. They have a current need for an EHS Coordinator.
The EHS Coordinator ensures adherence and compliance to all applicable safety and environmental permits, programs, licenses and plans. The EHS Coordinator provides guidance and support to site personnel and corporate staff to ensure the highest levels of compliance for the facility.
Reports to: EHS & Regulatory Program Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In coordination with plant staff, corporate Senior Compliance Management, Asset Management and under the direction of the Plant Manager:
• Provide ongoing guidance and feedback to site management, asset management and personnel regarding all site Safety and compliance programs.
• Attend assigned training, conferences or seminars to stay current on rules and regulations.
• Conduct regular and periodic physical site inspections to ensure continued compliance with OSHA, DEC, EPA, SWPPP, SPCC, HMBP, EAP and other programs.
• In coordination with DEC, EPA and Title V requirements and site management; develop plans for periodic emissions testing and equipment certifications and coordinate contractor selection process for those activities.
• Maintain all Safety and compliance records in accordance with OSHA, DEC, EPA and Title V requirements and policies, standards and procedures.
• Participate and support agency audits and inspections.
• Provide applicable safety and compliance training to all site personnel per the sites training schedule, (new employee, annual refresher, updates, emergency).
• Review operating data to ensure continued environmental compliance, all safety and environmental procedures are followed and deficiencies corrected, all environmental and permit requirements are met.
• Prepare, review and circulate for approval all necessary data for reports to be submitted to asset manager.
• Assist in the development and administration of the department’s safety and environmental budget.
• Supports the development of contracts, in coordination with asset management, and oversee performance of contractors required for on-site maintenance, services, equipment rentals, and operations training.
• Participate in the ongoing development, improvement and revision of applicable policies, standards and procedures as assigned. Particularly those that apply to compliance activities in the facility.
• Perform other duties and administrative tasks as assigned.
1. Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and directly-related experience.
2. Proven relevant safety and environmental compliance experience with large multi permit (including Title V) power generation or process facilities.
3. Skill in communicating effectively.
4. Experience with computer software programs such as MS word, Excel, and Power Point.
5. Experience with Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) and Data Acquisition Handling Systems (DAHS).
6. Experience with managing budgets and contracts associated with compliance activities in power generation facilities.
7. Experience with the construction, commissioning, start-up and operation of combined cycle facilities is desired.